Crest Minerals as an exploration company and potential mineral mining producer is committed to minimising these impacts throughout all stages of its operation and to also rehabilitating land once operations have ceased. The Company aims to use any gold ore or mineral resources in a sustainable manner, ensuring both gold exploration and production activities are undertaken to the highest environmental standards.
As part of its Environmental Policy, Crest Minerals will endeavour at all times to:
- Ensure that principles of good stewardship of natural resources that are consistent with safe and efficient mining practice are always maintained.
- Look to find ways to minimise disturbance of land.
- Implement strategies for the conservation of flora and fauna habitats.
- Work with local indigenous persons for the protection of sites of cultural and spiritual significance.
- Meet all compliance with all statutory requirements.
- Measure, monitor and confirm the success of impact controls by means of regular audits.
- Work towards rehabilitation to a stable land form and an acceptable post-disturbance land use and land capability.
- Preserve downstream water quality.
Achievement of these objectives, together with continuation of the consultative process with stakeholders and the expected economic return to the community, will ensure consistency with the objectives for the Mining Industry in Australia's National Strategy for Ecologically Sustainable Development.