Crest Minerals is a responsible corporate citizen that is truly committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for all its employees, contractors and also any visitors. In order to achieve this objective, all working directors, executives and personnel must beresponsible for working safely and encouraging others to follow the laid down site safety rules andregulations.
Crest Minerals aims to be recognised as a mining industry leader in both safetyperformance and safe working practices. To achieve this, the company will:
- Implement a Safety Management System that will provide the frame work for integrating safetyfactors into planning processes and operational decisions.
- Place the Health and Safety of employees and the public ahead of the company's commercialinterests;
- Ensure compliance with all statutory regulations and maintain constant awareness of new andchanging regulations;
- Arrange, provide and maintain safe systems of work for all employees, contractors and visitors;
- Clearly define areas of Health and Safety responsibility;
- Provide adequate and proper facilities, equipment and safety apparel and ensure its correct use;
- Provide adequate training, information and instruction on workplace health, safety and hazards;
- Ensure that all incidents are thoroughly investigated to eliminate or reduce any futureoccurrences;
- Develop and review safe work practices and job training by conducting regular safety audits andevaluating potential hazards;
- Develop public awareness of the safety standards and objectives of the Company.
- It will be a strong, continuing focus of management to develop and implement the above policyinto the culture and work ethics of all employees, contractors and visitors and to ensure thispolicy is well known to the surrounding community.
"WE BELIEVE THAT THE SAFETY OF OUR EMPLOYEES' IS PARAMOUNT TO OUR SUCCESS".